Wednesday 7 December 2011

Evaluation

Throughout creating these sculptures I encountered many problems. Creating the printing plan on the computer was hard and time consuming. When first folding the card I noticed the folds were untidy and crinkly, to solve this problem I drew out where I needed to fold and scored the lines with a Stanley knife, this made the folding easier and neater. When assembling the games the card would get dirty from my hands therefore I decided to wear latex gloves to keep the card clean. I wasn’t able to get enough plinths to display all of my sculptures, so I have decided to only display one, but photograph them all how I would have wanted them to be displayed.

Overall I feel the work turned out well, if I had more time to focus on this project I could experiment with different ways of applying the features:

           Print

           Embossing

           Transfers



Also I could consider creating the sculptures with different materials e.g. metal.