Thursday 20 October 2011

Introduction Project

A small print on a mailbox becomes something really precious when you remove all the noise around it an isolate it from its setting.’ (Merel Karhof). Explore familiar or alien surroundings by isolating, documenting and displaying anything you think will create a new awareness of the landscape.

I went out and adventured around Bourneville taking images I thought were interesting and that represented the place. The first thing that comes to mind when I think about Bourneville is Cadbury world.




As well as having images to work with I got some information about Bourneville, Finding out it was set up to house the workers of the Cadbury factory.

The 1971 film ‘Charlie and the chocolate factory’ came to mind, I know it is very predictable but I love being swept up in the fantasy.  From this thought I wanted to mix the fantasy of the film with the reality of Bourneville.

I chose to use the software Photoshop to produce the final outcomes.