Wednesday 19 October 2011

Object - The Sock Project

‘Fixing a hole in a sock is easier than you think’. Challenge this statement by making it much harder than it necessarily needs to be to fix the hole.

I thought this project was quite unusual that’s what made me choose it. I started to think about all the different ways I could challenge the statement.

Below is a list of my inital ideas:

  1. Physically create a hole in a sock that is too hard to fix.
  2. Use my imagination to create a humorous situation why the sock cannot be fixed e.g. monster sock.
  3. Missing equipment or replaced by other equipment e.g. chopsticks instead of a needle.
  4. Enlarge certain items e.g. a huge pin with normal size cotton and sock. 
I like numbers 1, 2 and 4. As I am unsure of which idea to choose, I am going research these 3 ideas.