Sunday 24 March 2013

Final Puppets


As the process of making the finalized prototype was going really well and the puppets looked well-made and professional I decided to use them as my final puppets. This decision was also made as cost and time was running low.

I created the puppets head first, while all the face of the puppet was at a good standard, I unfortunately came across a problem with attaching the polystyrene balls to the breast area on the Essex style puppet. They wouldn't sit right on the arm and when I removed them, some of the polystyrene stuck onto the fleece. 





As I was already so far in the making and time and cost issues, I chose to improvise and covered the stuck polystyrene and stitch the outline of the breasts. It didn't turn out how I wanted and I wished I had tested it out before hand, but now I will use this incidence as future reference. 





As I had to stitch on an extra bit of fleece to cover the mess, the stitch was on show, so I chose to apply a bead necklace around her neck to cover it.