Saturday 9 March 2013

Mac Overall Feedback


I found this experience very interesting and enjoyable, as I was able to not only just see what a day is like for a visual arts technician at mac but connect with the public and artists. i noticed that the technicians formed a positive relationships with some of the public as they offer good support though their creations and experience. i was able to see loads of different styles of work from all different types of people, and I was a pleases to get the chance to be a support.

Even though that element of the experience was really interesting, I found the general tasks of a technician  very repetitive and could become boring if done more than a couple of days, this is why the staff at the mac work shifts. After completing this work placement I was not as inspired as what I thought I would have been. But I am very pleased with the experience and what I have learnt, like how to complete the different tasks of a visual technician and how to use different equipment e.g. kiln, and knowing when it’s done correctly.