Wednesday 13 February 2013

Day One at Burbo K’ture



5 hour day – 12pm-5pm
Friday 8th February

I was based in the Burbo K’ture shop in The Custard Factory, Helping Customers and the designer with the selling of garments.

I participated in the taking of commissions, by helping the designer bring the customers ideas to paper and presenting them with the possible fabrics to be used.  Regarding to the final designs and making of the garments I mainly observed the designer in action, but helped with smaller tasks e.g. stitching buttons.

Along with the daily run of the store, I and the designer chose the selection of garments that was to be sold on ASOS, ready for the upcoming fashion shoot on the Sunday.  


My Feedback
At first I was a bit quiet when it came to the designing of new garments and the choosing of garments for the fashion show, as I didn't want to get in the way of the designer and I felt my ideas may not have been what he wanted, however he made me feel really comfortable and encouraged me to voice my opinions as he found them inspiring. I was very happy that my ideas where appreciated and we could inspire each other.