Wednesday 13 February 2013

Organizing Work Placements


I sent an introductory email with attached CV to all the different placements I am interested in.  I altered each email to suit the type of place, for example, appropriate skills and aims.


I asked for a four day placement within Baverstock School, two/three day placement with the others.  

Below is an example of the emails I sent. (Mac) 

Dear Amy Smart,
I am currently an Art and Design student at Birmingham School of Art, Birmingham City University, and I am looking to get the opportunity to gather experience of a Visual Arts Technician within your complex, as I wish to explore my career choices for after graduation and I feel that your high standard services would be something I would like to be a part of. 
I have skills of working with a verity of media, as my projects have comprised of installations, photography, film, Textiles etc. I have recently been involved in a Successful collaborative project with a group of Architect students and Dudley Zoo, Studying and Responding to the Tecton Structures located in Dudley zoo, participating in a collaboration has developed my skills in communication and negotiating.
I wish to develop experience and skills of working with the public of all ages.
I am aiming to get a 2 day work placement between 25th Feb – 8th April 2013 on days Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I hope you are able to provide this valuable opportunity.
Yours Sincerely
Loren Timms 

Miss Loren Timms
07921157876
Loren.timms@hotmail.co.uk

Please see attached CV.



I asked for a four day placement within Baverstock School, 2/3 day placement with the others.