Saturday 20 April 2013

A Level - Art and Photography



With both AS and A2 levels in art, they are working through their coursework or getting ready for their final exam.

As the A2 level where near for their final exam which took place after the easter holiday, they was very busy planning and filling up there sketch books with experiments, which meant I didn’t have to help them as much, so in this time I was working with the teacher get things ready for the next lessons.

The AS group needed a bit more support and inspiration, in the sense that they needed help on ensure there amount and quality of work is at an AS level and not GCSE.  At this stage, I felt the art students still think in a GCSE mind, in which at GCSE student are given a lot of information, where I had to encourage them to be a bit more independent on their research. I helped and gave them artists they could look at, and then they had to go out and find out about them and why they would link.

The A level photography students was very much in the prime of their work, and needed very little help. I had time with each student (5 for AS and 6 for A2) and discussed their ideas and what they have done so far and how they was going to develop it. In these discussions I gave feedback and tried to help and inspire the students in their progression.